Saturday, February 13, 2016

Laser swords are cool!

I admit it, I love glowing laser swords.  They are awesome.  In fact I am certain that this is the reason Star Wars is so popular.  Who doesn't love laser swords?
Hell yeah, look at how cool that is.  Not only do they glow, but they are swords!  SWORDS!!!  I think what I am trying to get at is that swords are cool, and so are lasers.  The lightsaber was the original Sharknado!  Any movie with a glowing sword in it is instantly a much better movie.  Everyone knows that.  Even anime creators knew that.
This is Tenchi, with a laser sword.  You know what I love about Tenchi Muyo?  It seems that everyone in that show can summon laser swords at will.  In fact it is likely the most used weapon in the known universe according to Tenchi Muyo.  All I can say about that is Hell Yes!

You know what was lacking in Mad Max Fury Road?  Laser Swords!  Robocop is one of my favorite movies ever, but it would have been sweet of Murphy also had a glowing sword.  I love John Wayne, but The Searchers really needed some laser swords in it.  To Kill a Mockingbird would have been much cooler if Atticus Finch suddenly pulled out a light saber in court.  Now that is justice.  Speaking of which, you know what else had laser swords?
Yeah, Mobile Suit Gundam!  That's what.  There is literally nothing cooler than a mech with a laser sword.  Unless the mech also fought a ninja with a laser sword who happened to be a witch.  You know what else had laser swords?
Starcrash!  The classic Star Wars rip off not only had laser swords, but it also had David Hasselhoff.  So take that Star Wars.  Yeah I know this is all a bit much.  The thing is, people rip off things all the time.  The thing they don't rip off enough is laser swords however.  Other than The Force Awakens, or some parody of Star Wars, when was the last time you saw one?  I think they are due for a resurgence.  We need a movie of Isaac Asimov's Lucky Starr series.  David Starr has a laser sword, and way before Star Wars did too.  Hollywood needs to take a crack at ruining that franchise.  At least it will have laser swords in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment