Monday, April 18, 2016

Hardcore Henry

This movie is the best damn FMV video game I've ever watched someone play.  For those of you who somehow haven't had the internet, TV, or haven't seen a movie in the theater for the past six months, Hardcore Henry is a first person movie about a guy named Henry who has no memory. Now, Henry was in some kind of accident and has a bunch of cyborg parts in him.  He is a super strong cyborg person and has no real memory when some blonde guy comes in out of nowhere and attacks the science lab where Henry has recently awoken.  Fighting and running ensues, and Henry's wife, or the woman who put him together is kidnapped.  So Henry must save her.
There is a problem however.  He doesn't really know what to do and is running out of batteries. Luckily this guy Jimmy comes by and helps him out.  Jimmy apparently knows a lot about Henry so that is good for him.  Lots of fighting, running, and violence ensues.

A lot of people were apprehensive when it came to the idea of this movie in first person with a lot of action.  I can see why as well.  People are worried about getting motion sickness.  I can assure you it is not as bad as it sounds however.  I only ever felt weird during one parkour scene.  I sat through the whole scene and was fine after that.  My wife is a little sensitive to that sort of thing and she sat through it fine.  So it is not that bad.
The movie is very violent by the way.  Lots of swearing, gunshots, dismemberment, and even a few naked ladies.  So really it has everything you could want out of a movie like this.  Make no mistake, this film is ridiculous exploitation with an over the top concept and a bad gimmick tacked on to boot. In other words, it really is a decent exploitation flick so it fits right in on this blog unlike Dirty Dancing.  I rather enjoyed this movie.  It isn't the best movie of the year so far but it is better than Batman v Superman.  In the future I might even watch this movie again if I'm bored.  The movie has a decent amount of cyberpunk themes in it too.  Oh and that FMV comment earlier.  There are plenty of lines that belong in an FMV game and that made me pretty happy as well.  So I guess I recommend this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment